WRITING CAPTIONS & COPY: POWER POINT
Every photograph in the yearbook must have a caption. There are a few rules for captions (besides correct spelling & punctuation):
- Every caption has 2 sentences
- The first sentence is written in the present
- The second sentence is written in the past
- Together, they should tell as much as possible about Who, What, Where, When, Why & How
- Don't start each caption the same way (more later about this)
Special Rules for Harbor High Yearbook C & C
- We always have a title for every caption
- The caption titles are ALL CAPS and bold
- Before a student's name (usually), include the student's grade (Sophomore Patty Smith)
- The first letter of each grade title (Senior, Junior, etc) is capitalized.
- Don't start each caption with "Junior Bobby Brown won the serve...." Sometimes, vary it: Winning the serve on the toss up was Bobby Brown, a Senior.